A Small Warning

While Simon and I are doing this to keep our friends/family/acquaintences in the know and so that we can remember the experience - we know that a great many people forget the insane emotions that go through them at a time like this. They remember joy, nervousness and excitement but tend to forget things like annoyance, anger and exhaustion. This is also a little bit of an experiment for us as well as (hopefully) a bit of reality for someone else out there who wants a bit of a real play-by-play of the emotional rollercoaster of childbirth and parenting. ...granted, I know that my experience is only one...but hey...still worth trying.

That said, not all of this blog is going to be happy and shiny. There will be some real, raw emotions here and we're going to express them pretty openly. We hope that this doesn't make anyone feel as if we're in any way unhappy about the birth of our son or that we're somehow not excited or don't love him. For us, this is the reality of things that people don't really talk about or express. I think that is extremely important to remember.

We may use foul language. ...you're warned.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday - 10:28pm

I feel so much better now. My TENS machine kept shorting out and shocking me which made it incredibly unpleasant to use so they checked me for dialation and gave me things for sleep.

I have not dialated. :( I am effacing!
In the morning if I have not done anything spectacular I get pitocin. Hoorays.

They wanted to give me pain relief and sleeping tablets and against my normal "oh no, no pain relief if I'm not in heaps of pain" ideas, I decided to just trust my doctor's judgment. After all, this is the first baby I've had and probably the something thousandth one she's delivered. She's seasoned. ...like a spicy little ninja.

...oooh...now I want Taco Bell again.

So she recommended....morphine. I got it in a painful injection that felt a little like Chuck Norris being injected into my arm and kicking my ass from the inside. ...but now everything is fantastic and floaty and blurry. ...and it's not even fully kicked in yet. Simon said that I had to post because I am apparently being ridiculous even though I do not think that I am being ridiculous.

Maybe I'm just wounding his tender boy sensibilities. And now I shall put on that episode of True Blood adn doze off a few minutes in. Simon will take over from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment